This past Saturdays was one of those days where nothing really goes as planned, but everything still turns out to be okay, and that's the best way I know how to describe it.
The plan for me was to wake up early, wash a load or two of laundry, go to the bank and get back home by the time the rinse cycle hits. Yoga was at 9am, so I planned to do all this before 8:30am. Nope, none of that happened. I didn't actually crawl out from under the covers until about 9:45am, but it was my own fault. My alarm went off bright and early, and all I wanted to do was lay around. Even the thought of brewing a fresh cup of my favorite coffee from Trader Joe's wasn't enough to motivate me out the bed that morning. So I snoozed my way through the mid-morning, and it felt glorious.

I was supposed to be at Tierra's place by 11am, because we had planned to ride up to North Georgia for a little rural-farm fun. I've been itching to pick some apples and make this slow-cooker apple butter recipe I found online, so I was hoping we'd find our way to an orchard of some kind. After running those errands I was supposed to run by 8:30am, (and after a quick Starbucks run, because it super cold and even more windy), I managed to get to Tierra's at almost noon. Sometimes I'm that friend. If I'm running late, it's not usually that late. One of these days I'll get my act together and be early for everything, and then I'll write a post on punctuality and let my life be my testimony, but today is not that day. 

Thankfully, I wasn't the only one running late. Her mom and little sister didn't show up for another hour or so, which means we got to sit around and play catch up on each other's lives for a while. We finally rode out in search of our adventure around 2pm. Unfortunately, the farm we went to wasn't exactly what we were expecting, and there weren't really many activities for the kids. I did a quick search for "Apple Orchard" on my maps app and found there was one about 6 minutes away. When we got there, we realized Apple Maps had found a private neighborhood named "Apple Orchard," not an actual orchard where you can pick apples.

After riding around some back roads for a while, we made our way back to I-75S and headed back towards the city. Tierra did a quick search for a Farmer's Market in the area, so at least the trip wouldn't have been for nothing. The closest one was in Woodstock, GA, and since it was on the way back to Atlanta, we decided to give it a try. Downtown Woodstock is very cute and quaint, so when we rode through the town we felt relieved that we had found something - anything. We walked down Main Street for a couple minutes and decided to stop in the visitors center to ask about the Market. Well... we missed it. It stops at noon on Saturdays, and it was already past 3pm. There was really nothing left to do but check out a couple shops and take some pictures with the displays, because why not. Also, Kayla and Elijah were getting restless by this point, and were weren't quite ready to be couped up in the car with the whining kids again.

Some of the photos are blurry, but in my defense, it was so cold and the wind was blowing so hard - making it difficult to keep a steady hand.

When we finally got back home, we grabbed some lunch and decided to carve the last pumpkin they had bought. Elijah couldn't be bothered by this point, so we left him to entertain himself while we chopped and sliced away.

For the record, I had no idea there were stencils for pumpkin carving. I just assumed everyone was a whiz at creating these designs, which was part of the reason this whole activity just seems so elusive and magical. The stencil, however, did make it easier, even though it looked like crap at first.

But it turned out okay!

Annnd that was Saturday. Now that I've written it all out, I realize it was nothing to write home about, but I'm still grateful to Tierra for popping my pumpkin-carving cherry. ;)

Sunday morning I planned to get up early for yoga again, since I didn't make it happen the day before. It didn't happen. I traded yoga for extra sleep, again, and a breakfast date before church to Cracker Barrel. They have this apple dumpling syrup that tastes more magically delicious than lucky charms, especially atop their sourdough french toast. Also, their turkey bacon is the best I've ever had.

There was a slight wait, so we hung out in the gift shop a.k.a the sugar shop because of all the sweets they have on display.

Since we were kinda pressed for time, we opted to sit at the checkerboard table. It was first-come-first-served, and it ended up being a cozy little spot, right by the warmth of the fireplace.

1. I lost at checkers.
2. I finally made it to yoga later that afternoon.