This is Raven. She was a stray, and the second I saw her eyes (one blue, one brown) I had to meet her. She's a Pit Lab Mix, she's got lots of energy (as to be expected), she loves to play tug-of-war, she'll go wild for any toy that squeaks and if you kiss her on the face, she kisses you right back. I don't understand how anyone could've let her out of their sight, and I definitely can't comprehend how anyone would let her stray. When she's acting up and I scold her, she just sits down and looks up at me with those eyes... ugh. I melt!
There are things I never knew about puppies:
- They require a hefty amount of sleep. One minute she's aggressively chewing on a toy, the next she's snoring.
- Speaking of snoring, they do that. It's cute and annoying at the same time.
- They really do chase their tail (if the tail is long enough). One time she actually caught it, and she squealed at the pain from biting herself. She has since pulled the same stunt with her foot. HER FOOT. The "Dumb Dog" lyrics from Annie now make much more sense.
- They sometimes break free from their crate. Always make sure it's tightly secured.
- Trying to raise one without help will make you consider dropping him/her off at the pound.
- When they pass gas, it's silent - but DEADLY.
- They like to like to lick you, everywhere.