Hashtag first world problems, but this is why I sometimes have the most random pictures linked to the words on here. And what's really sad is I have a great fancy schmancy camera begging to be worked properly. But that's gonna take some commitment, and I'm not sure I'm ready for all that. So for now, I'll just take random pictures of things around my place. Like this owl oil warmer. After I bought it, I realized it was kinda creepy. Actually, owls are kinda creepy. The way they can turn their heads like that chick from The Exorcist, the way they only come out at night... you know that's when the freaks come out. But that's not what I'm here for right now.
Back to my point, just as I grabbed my sandwich and walked out the door, I got a lovely little message from Zauni over at The Kind Side, saying she had tagged me for the Sunshine Award. Whaaaa? Me?? I'm honored. Especially since her blog shines a whole 'lotta light on my days when I read her updates. It's pretty much inspiration station over there.
1. I can't fall asleep with the closet doors in my bedroom open. They can't even be partially cracked open, not even a little. They have to be completely closed.
2. I carry dental floss in my purse. And I actually use it on a regular basis.
3. I'm left-handed.
4. Dishes are not allowed to stay in my sink overnight. That's what the dishwasher is for.
5. Every year, during the month of October, I watch Hocus Pocus every time it comes on television. If I'm flipping through channels and see that movie, everything must stop.
6. I don't like taking medicine. Any kind. I'll suffer through headaches, allergies, stomach aches, etc. before I pop a pill for them.
7. When I was younger, I got stitches on my right eyebrow, and the hair hasn't grown in properly since. Those nerve endings are also damaged, so I don't really have any feeling in that brow.
8. I've never been drunk. Never plan to.
9. I want to home school my children. My future children.
10. I played an orphan in my 6th grade production of Annie.
11. I can't get out of bed in the morning without hitting the snooze button at least 3 times. It's just not possible.
1. Are you at a happy place in your life?
YES. I'm at one of the happiest places I've ever been, and I pray it only gets better from here.
Wardrobe. The only makeup I really wear is mascara, brow powder for that one, aforementioned eyebrow, and maybe some concealer. In fact, I have a whole case full of makeup that rarely gets used. Putting on a full face of makeup takes wayyy too much time, and I love my snooze button, so...
New Zealand (it's on my bucket list). Moms & my two brothers. We've never all done a family trip together, and we're all grown, so we're overdue for a family vacation.
That moment in the middle of the night when your sinuses clear from having been plugged for the past few days.
6. If you could go back in time, where would you go?
The last supper.
7. If you could have a conversation with your 9th grade self, what would you say? What advice would you give?
Always carry a tampon.
8. When do you feel the sexiest?
In a good pair of jeans. The perfect fit will have me walking down the sidewalk like it's a runway.
Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane
10. If your life was a movie what celebrity would play you?
Me. *flips hair*
11. What do you hope to leave behind in this world?
God's love, in the hearts of as many people as possible.
WHO I TAG
Vaida | Don't Tell Anyone
Areeba | I Have a Messy Bun
Victoria | Lost in Boston
Jennifer | Future Lawyer Girl
Cece | Everybody Has A Story
Valla | Dela Monae
Britt | Itbritt (Zauni already tagged, but so she's let's call this a tag team)
Teffy | Teffy's Perks
Jenna | Lovely Lady JB
Josie | Straight No Chase
Ariel | Auteur Ariel
*Side note, I need more male bloggers in my reading list!
1. If you had a super power, what would it be & why?
2. What's your favorite social media platform?
3. How many time have you been in love?
4. What's your favorite movie theater snack?
5. Name your favorite song from the 90s.
6. What's your favorite childhood memory?
7. What drives you in life? What are your biggest motivators?
8. Let's talk about kids: do you have any? Want any? How many?
9. Who's the last person to make you smile?
10. When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up?
11. Where in the world are you? Rep yo' city! *wink*
That's all, sunshines!